Natasha Lloyd

Natasha Lloyd
Tracy Birdsell Photgraphy

Thursday, March 5, 2009

shorry kid, but its da indushtry, shee?

the day came. the day went. no call. Ive done enough detective work to make mr. holmes proud and although one can never be 100% sure till the rejection letter rolls around, i feel the towel needs to be thrown in. ouch. So, alright then, what now...

ya pick urself up, ya dust urself off, and start right over again... but not really-

cuz im not starting over at all, Im starting at the same place, just staring in a different direction. I tried for Grad school, I got some confirmation that I dont suck as an actor/interviewer, I sharpened some skill,' and now i'll take all that yummy, put it in my picnic basket, and skip off to LA to please grandma casting. And ya know what? I feel prepared. There are way too many people graduating from bfa's, mfa's, hell- phd's... who just have no clue where to go next professionally. And even if my headshots, resume's, websites and file folders are a crutch- fantastic! we actors are crippled and Im gunna need them. I will be successful. I will create. I will do it sooner than I had anticipated and no one should complain about that.

downsides? of course. that place was magical. A school, like a church, is just the four walls (even if those walls are older than our constitution), but what truly makes it- is the people. And Yale understood that completely. Im going to miss those people, that training, those connections... but fatalist or no fatalist- i feel like I will go down a path that maybe has a lil more snow on it (well, after this wkend, who knows which path has more snow) but It'll take me to the same place- artistic fulfillment.

on top of that i have a date. so thats good. Interesting how as soon as you dont need men in your life becasue all of your other priorities take precidence that things seem to just fall in your lap... wait... that sounds bad... you know what I mean. Oh god, Im making coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment